To add an accessory to the Home app, use your iOS device. You can't add accessories to the Home app on Mac. Before you set up your accessory, check these things first:
- Make sure that it's powered on and nearby.
- Check your accessory’s manual to see if it needs additional hardware to work with HomeKit.
Then follow these steps:
- Open the Home app and tap Add Accessory or .
- Use the camera on your iOS device to scan the eight-digit HomeKit code, or QR code on the accessory or accessory documentation.
- When your accessory appears, tap it. If asked to Add Accessory to Network, tap Allow.
- Name your accessory and assign it to a room to help you identify it in the Home app and control it with Siri.
- Tap Next, then tap Done.