Important: To use the Eve App, you will need at least one HomeKit compatible device, you will not be able to finish the first run Setup otherwise.
The requirements to use the Eve App are identical for the Apple Home App, as Eve ties into the HomeKit functionality to control all your devices:
• Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS. To use the Home app on a Mac, update your Mac to macOS Mojave or newer.
• Make sure that you have one or more HomeKit-enabled accessories. Look for the label “Works with Apple HomeKit” on the product packaging.
• To use and manage your home in Eve or the Home app on all of your devices, sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID on every device. Then turn on iCloud Keychain and Two-factor authentication in iCloud Settings.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud
2. Tap Keychain.
3. Slide to turn on iCloud Keychain.