Many Eve devices are battery powered. The battery lifetime, type and replacement are discussed below.
The battery lifetime varies depending on the product:
- Eve Degree - 1 year
- Eve Door & Window – over 1 year
- Eve Motion – over 1 year
- Eve Room (2015) – 3 months
- Eve Room (2018) - Built-in rechargeable battery. 6 weeks
- Eve Thermo (2015)/(2017 Display) - one heating cycle or about 6 months
- Eve Weather – 1 year
- Eve Aqua - one season
- Eve Smoke - 10 years
This long lifetime is made possible by Bluetooth 4.0 Smart technology, also known as Bluetooth Low Energy.
• Eve Motion, Eve Room (2015), Eve Thermo and Eve Weather use standard AA alkaline batteries.
• Eve Degree uses a CR 2450 replaceable battery.
• Eve Door & Window uses a ½ AA (ER14250 3.6V) Lithium replaceable battery.
!!! Please do not use rechargeable batteries on any Eve accessory, this will give poor performance !!!
To replace the battery, simply open the battery compartment.
For Eve Door & Window, note that you do not need to un-stick the entire device, you can slide off the top part to gain access to the battery compartment.