Many Eve devices are battery powered. The battery lifetime, type and replacement are discussed below.
The battery lifetime varies depending on the product:
- Eve Degree - 1 year
- Eve Door & Window – over 1 year
- Eve Motion – over 1 year
- Eve Room – 3 months
- Eve Thermo (2015)/(2017 Display) - one heating cycle or about 6 months
- Eve Weather – 1 year
- Eve Aqua - one season
- Eve Smoke - 10 years
This long lifetime is made possible by Bluetooth 4.0 Smart technology, also known as Bluetooth Low Energy.
• Eve Motion, Eve Room, Eve Thermo and Eve Weather use standard AA alkaline batteries.
• Eve Degree uses a CR 2450 replaceable battery.
• Eve Door & Window uses a ½ AA (ER14250 3.6V) Lithium replaceable battery.
Do not use rechargeable batteries with Eve.
To replace the battery, simply open the battery compartment.
For Eve Door & Window, note that you do not need to un-stick the entire device, you can slide off the top part to gain access to the battery compartment.